- Thursday 13 July 2015Many youth and women have since taken to entrepreneurship as a way to better their lives and become independent.
- Monday 20 February 2015The aggressive and determined group embarked on garbage collection within Riruta Satellite at a subsidized fee. Their target was to serve the whole Riruta area but they had to start small. The targeted few households gradually grew from 10 to 50 and counting.
- Thursday 26 March 2015According to Human Rights Watch research, Nigerian security forces failed to take all feasible precautions to protect the civilian population in their military operations against Boko Haram.
- Thursday 5 March 2015Politically active youths from Burundi’s ruling and opposition parties organise a joint jogging event to pitch for tolerance and peaceful elections in their country.
- Thursday 5 March 2015Born on August 27, 1999 in the small town of Bisill in Kajiado County, Kenya, Nasoutua is determined to be the girl who will transform her native home from a place of abject poverty into an affluent place to live in, and also to support her siblings.
- Monday 26 January 2015Reaching zero cases difficult unless weaknesses in the response addressed
- Friday 14 November 2014This great initiative is part of Merck Diabetes Capacity Advancement Program (CAP) which has been launched in 2012 with a target to reach 30000 community members with free diabetes screening and education by end of 2018.
- Thursday 6 November 2014The Food Price Index dipped to 192.3, technically, its seventh consecutive monthly decline, but a marginal 0.2 percent drop from the revised September figure.
- Tuesday 30 September 2014The Queen of Hearts Project Campaign which started early this year is planned to run for a year and if possible longer so as to create more platforms to educate communities across Africa on non-communicable disease, importance of good diet and nutrition in order to reduce and control the menace of modern lifestyle diseases.
- Monday 1 September 20142014 edition of SAMOSA, has placed more emphasizes on the intended potential publics as the menu entails a wide variety of events that give room for everyone to be involved in the activities in one way or the other at different levels.
- Monday 11 August 2014Ebola causes severe fever and, in the worst cases, unstoppable bleeding and It is transmitted through contact with bodily fluids, and people living with or caring for patients are most at risk.
- Wednesday 23 July 2014Cyber–Crimes, hacking and malware attacks have become a menace in Africa with Nigeria leading at 29%, Egypt and Kenya 26%, and South Africa 14% following respectively.
- Tuesday 22 July 2014Education systems in Africa have increasingly developed since the colonial era with governments emphasizing on technical approaches in problem solving so as to improve living standards by collaborating with other institutions such as Microsoft in funding Hi-Tech and other innovation programmes in higher learning institutions.
- Tuesday 1 July 2014A growing number of inter-communal clashes between farmers and pastoralists in central Nigeria are driving people to flee their homes and destroying their livelihoods.
- Thursday 26 June 2014The Central African Republic has been in a state of acute crisis since March 2013, when the Seleka, a predominantly Muslim rebel coalition, seized power and began killing civilians, burning and looting homes, and committing other serious abuses.
page 1 of 45 | previous - next