News from Sudan
Publication of peace and other developments in Sudan (2000-2005)
18 Articles - page 1 2
- Nairobi, Kenya10 January 2005 - Zachary Ochieng
- 18 October 2004 - Shalom House
- The humanitarian crisis in Darfur shows no signs of abating at the same time as the national, regional and international politics of the conflict take on new dimensions.Tajudeen Abdul-Raheem
- IF EVER there was a place that required a large African peacekeeping force with an ability to deploy with speed and the power to prevent attacks, it has been the Darfur region of the Sudan .Jonathan Katzenellenbogen
- President Omar el-Bashir pledged to end violence in Sudan's western Darfur region in comments aired Saturday, but his vice president said it was not practical to disarm within 30 days the Arab militias responsible for the killings of some 30,000 people.
- Although quick to condemn brutalities in Sudan, the international community has been painfully slow to respond to a U.N. appeal for more aid and for troops to serve in a peacekeeping force in the western province of Darfur.Thalif Deen, United Nations
- Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Beshir, whose armed forces' actions have sparked a torrent of international criticism of his regime, has been made a field marshal, a top aide said Saturday
- Ketziot Prison, one of the largest IDF detention centers for Palestinian security prisoners located along the Egyptian border, has recently received seven unexpected visitors.Yaakov Katz
- Web ReviewFour months after the Darfur crisis in Sudan was described by the UN as the "world's worst humanitarian disaster", tens of thousands of people in the state of Western Darfur still live without shelter or sanitation, receive no food aid and have to drink contaminated water.
- SudanThe African Union, AU, held its annual summit from the 6-8th of July in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia amidst calls from human rights organisations for the AU to take a proactive role in stemming conflicts in the African continent.Henry Neondo
- SudanThe crisis in Darfur threatens to scuttle the Sudanese peace process, currently on the home stretch.Zachary Ochieng
page 1 of 2 | previous - next