- RwandaIn the midst of worldwide criticism and debate, women of Rwanda have stood up from the shadows of their spouses and families to act as the central pillar to Rwanda s reconstruction.Nasra Bishumba
- MalawiCan a female politician from an African country break the jink which only sees male politcians ruling their nations as heads of states by being President or Prime Minister? Some women might have climbed high on the political ladder but no woman has ever had the opportunity to be a State President in Africa.Charles Banda
- SomaliaSomali women activists rank Female Genital Mutilation as constituting the extreme form of violence perpetrated against women in Somalia. But their recent resolve to counter the practice is being challenged by Islamic religious zealotsHenry Neondo
- AfricaWomen in Africa suffer in silence as their rights continue to be trampled on.Esther Mwangi
- ZimbabweIn an effort to combart the spread of HIV/AIDS, girls must undergo monthly virginity tests and men must produce documented proof of their HIV-negative status.Rodrick Mukumbira
- BotswanaAs Botswana braces for its second general election since the Fourth Conference on Women in Beijing China in 1995, women take stock of what has been achieved since then.Mqondisi Dube
- Action and Contacts - ZIMBABWEIt is a few minutes before lunchtime and a disorderly queue of dishevelled youths in ragged clothes has already formed outside the doors of Thuthuka, a drop-in centre for street children in Zimbabwe's second city, Bulawayo.