- MalawiAs 1.3 million Malawians face starvation agricultural experts and top government officials of this tiny
Southern Africa have decided to defy advice from the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank in finding a concise solution to food insecurity.Charles Banda
- SOMALIASomalia's newly elected President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed took his oath of office on 14 October at a ceremony in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, attended by several African heads of state, diplomats and representatives from international organisations.IRIN
- SenegalA Nigerian traditional healer who goes by the name of "Papa Magic Pot" may appear more comical than threatening. However, he and several other Nigerian healers have caused consternation in Senegal.Abdou Faye
- EthiopiaBritish Prime Minister Tony Blair said recently the time for excuses on Africa was over, adding that Africa must be pushed to the top of the world’s agenda.IRIN
- KenyaA combination of local and international forces has led to a fall in agricultural production.Henry Neondo
- ZambiaA disapproving feature that has made Africa stand out for many decades is poverty that has now fuelled massive unemployment.
That is despite the fact that there is no poverty of effort among the many hard-working peoples of the continent.Charles Simengwa
- Action and ContactsCreated in 1997 with a five-year (one-time renewable) grant and equipment from the Swiss Cooperation, RM is a membership-based community radio owned and operated by 1,200 Malagasy farmers organized into 240 rural associations in the province of Fianaranstoa. RM broadcasted its first show on June 8th, 1998 on FM 94 and 102 MHZ and currently broadcasts seven days a week from 5 PM to 10 PM.