- BotswanaChildren under five years born in Botswana's Johane Apostolic Church have little to smile about now and in the coming months. These infants are caught in the middle of an increasing hostile legal row pitting the sect's leaders and health authoritiesMqondisi Dube
- AfricaAs the Day of the African child is marked, various countries in Sub-saharan Africa are grappling with the challenge of providing adequate health care to the children as stipulated in UN Convention on the Rights of the Child [CRC] and the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child [ACRWC].Henry Neondo
- KenyaDespite the enactment of Children’s Act 2001, cases of child abuse in the country are still rampant due to lack of effective implementation of the legislation.Allan Orao
- BotswanaCases of child rape are on the increase, courtesy of the myth that having sex with a virgin cures AIDS.Rodrick Mukumbira
- KenyaIt is all doom and gloom as the Day of the African child is marked in Kenya, with the girl child still disadvantaged.Roseline Orwa
- SwazilandProviding education and food to a growing population of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) is an almost overwhelming task for this small kingdom. But the government has not given up.James Hall
- AngolaDay to day survival is the chief concern of most Angolans, rather than the current debate among politicians over the date of the country's next general elections.
- Action and contactsThe READATHON of 250 testimonies will tell the individual stories of women and girl survivors (many now widows and orphans) who must live with the legacy of rape and HIV/AIDS and will mark the end of our 100 days commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the Rwandan Genocide. The details for the event are as follows: